This privacy statement applies to JUL ART's THUNS, Route de la Conversion 121, 1095 Lutry.
Privacy is a matter of trust and your trust is important to us. We respect your personality and privacy. We would also like to ensure the protection and processing of your personal data in accordance with the law.
It is important to us that you consent to the processing of your personal data. With this data protection declaration we inform you comprehensively about our data processing methods. And you decide whether you wish your personal data to be processed or not.
- the collection
- Announcement or
- Deletion of your personal data
We collect personal information to provide better service to our customers. We are convinced that the focus of our activities on the wishes and needs of our customers should make the tasks of daily life easier for you. Better services can be:
- Orientation of the product range to customer needs
- Personalize customer communications so that you can find offers that fit your needs and receive less advertising overall.
- Simplification of processes, such as purchases or bookings, so that you reach your destination more quickly
- Improvement of our products
1. how do we protect your personal data?
We have technical and organisational security procedures in place to safeguard the security of your personal data and to protect your session data and personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access. However, you should always be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet and other electronic means involves certain security risks and that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted in this way.
2. how long do we keep data?
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We will delete your personal information as soon as it is no longer needed and in any case after the maximum retention period required by law.
3. what rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
You have the right to assert your data protection rights at any time and to obtain information about your stored personal data, to correct or supplement your personal data, to object to the processing of your personal data or to demand the deletion of your personal data. You will find the contact details in section 4 below. In this context, we reserve the right to correspond with you electronically (in particular by e-mail).
4 How can you contact us?
If you wish to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data or have any questions or concerns about the processing of our personal data, you can contact us as follows: JUL ART, Route de la Conversion 121, 1095 Lutry, +41 (0) 79 677 20 97, email@example.com We will endeavor to respond to your questions or concerns promptly upon receipt.
5. who is the owner of the data file?
We are legally obliged to inform you of the owner of the data file with your personal data. The data controller is JUL ART, route de la Conversion 121, 1095 Lutry.
6. when do we collect personal data?
We collect your personal data whenever we have contact with you. The situations in which we have contact with you are varied. For example, we collect your personal information under the following circumstances:
- You purchase our goods or services through our website;
- You are making use of one of our customer services;
- You register goods or services purchased from us;
- You receive a newsletter or other advertising about our goods and services;
- You participate in a contest or sweepstakes;
- You become a member of one of our loyalty programs;
- You participate in one of our market research or opinion surveys;
- You use or communicate with us or third parties through our Internet sites, offers on Internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks;
- You communicate with us by telephone, fax, e-mail, voice mail, text message (SMS), picture message (MMS), video message or instant messaging;
- You can contact us at special occasions such as events, advertising events, sponsoring events or cultural and sporting events.
7 What personal information do we collect?
The personal data we collect is just as diverse. On the one hand, we collect personal data that you make available to us. On the other hand, we collect personal data that is automatically or manually collected when you contact us, for example:
- Name and first name;
- Birthday and age;
- Residential Address;
- Household size;
- Purchasing power information;
- Customer and purchasing preferences;
- Delivery address;
- Billing address;
- Credit card and account information;
- Language preferences;
- Telephone number(s);
- E-mail address(es);
- Identification numbers of your technical devices;
- Customer and loyalty card numbers;
- Information about subscribed newsletters or other advertisements;
- Consent to receive advertising;
- Online customer account information (including opening date, user names, profile pictures);
- Memberships within our business;
Customer Activity Data
- Contract data (including contract date, contract type, contract content; contract partner; contract duration; contract value; claims asserted under the contract);
- Purchasing information (including date of purchase; place of purchase; time of purchase; type, quantity and value of goods and services purchased; shopping basket; abandoned shopping basket; means of payment used; paying agent; purchase history);
- Customer service information (including returns of goods, complaints, warranty claims, delivery information);
- Session data related to visits to our Internet sites, mobile apps or offers on Internet platforms, multimedia portals and/or social networks (including duration and frequency of visits, language and country preferences, browser and computer operating system information, Internet protocol addresses, search terms and results; reviews submitted);
- location data when using mobile devices;
- Communications by telephone, fax, e-mail, voice mail, text message (SMS), picture message (MMS), video message or instant messaging;
8. why do we process personal information?
We process your personal information for a variety of purposes. These purposes can be grouped in different ways. In particular, we may process your personal data in whole or in part for one or more of the following purposes:
8.1 Processing Purposes Related to Our Goods and Services
- Provision and sale of our goods and services;
- Processing of orders and contracts, including dispatch of order and dispatch confirmations, delivery confirmations, delivery and invoicing;
- Organisation and delivery of customer service services;
- Organization and execution of customer card or loyalty card programs;
- Organization and execution of market research and opinion polls;
8.2 Processing purposes in connection with customer communication:
- Provision, administration and execution of customer communication by mail and electronic means of communication;
- Business communication by post and by telephone, fax, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging;
- Evaluation of the use of our services via telephone, fax, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS) or instant messaging such as: the type of use, frequency and duration of use, and the exact location of use.
8.3 Processing purposes in connection with special activities and events:
- Organize and conduct contests or sweepstakes, including notifying and publishing winners through our Internet sites, our offerings on Internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks;
8.4 Processing purposes in connection with the analysis of customer behaviour:
- Optimization of the product range. This is done through individualized and personal, but also anonymous and group-related recording and evaluation of historical and current customer and purchasing behavior in our online shop or other premises - including the analysis of the shopping basket;
- Individualized and person-related or anonymous and group-related recording and evaluation of historical and current customer and purchasing behavior when using the offers onour Internet pages or on Internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks;
- Individualized and person-related or anonymous and group-related recognition, classification and analysis of current and potential customer needs and interests;
- Individualized and person-related or anonymous and group-related classification and analysis of customer behavior and potential;
- Statistical evaluation of customer behaviour on the basis of anonymous customer data;
- Linking the new personal data collected about you with the personal data already collected by us in the past;
- Linking the personal data we collect about you or with publicly available data and from third parties to improve our database and analyze customer behavior. The enrichment of profiles by data of third parties includes e.g: Data from the Federal Statistical Office, calendar data or geodata.
8.5 Processing purposes in connection with direct marketing:
- Simplification of processes - such as purchases or bookings - and use of findings from the analysis of customer behaviour for the continuous improvement of all goods and services offered; - Avoidance of unnecessary advertising through findings from the analysis of customer behaviour for individualised and personalised direct marketing; - sending of individualised and personalised advertising by post or by telephone, fax, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging; - individualised and personalised adaptation of offers and advertising on our Internet pages or in our channels on Internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks.
9. to whom do we pass on your personal data?
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties outside of JUL ART's to use technical or organizational services that we may need to perform the aforementioned purposes or our other business activities. Our service providers are contractually obliged to process personal data exclusively on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. We also oblige our service providers to comply with technical and organizational measures that ensure the protection of personal data. If the service providers are located in countries in which the applicable laws do not provide for the protection of personal data comparable to Swiss law, we will contractually ensure that the service providers concerned comply with the Swiss data protection level.
We may also disclose your personal data if we believe it is necessary to do so in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, in court proceedings, at the request of the competent courts and authorities or arising from other legal obligations, in order to protect and defend our rights or property.
10.2 Which cookies do we use?
Most of the cookies we use are automatically deleted from your computer or mobile device at the end of the browser session (so-called session cookies). For example, we use session cookies to store your country and language preferences and your shopping cart across different pages of an Internet session.
In addition, we also use temporary or permanent cookies. These remain stored on your computer or mobile device after the end of the browser session. If you visit one of our Internet pages again is then automatically recognized, which inputs and settings you prefer. These temporary or permanent cookies remain stored on your computer or mobile device for between one month and ten years, depending on the type of cookie, and are automatically deactivated after the programmed time has elapsed. They serve to make our Internet pages more user-friendly, effective and secure. Thanks to these cookies, you can, for example, view information on the site that is specifically tailored to your interests.
10.3 What data is stored in the cookies?
No personal data is stored in the cookies we use. The cookies we use cannot be assigned to a specific person. When a cookie is activated, it is assigned an identification number.
10.4 How can you prevent the storage of cookies?
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can instruct your browser not to accept cookies or to request them before accepting a cookie from a website you visit. You can also delete cookies on your computer or mobile device by using the appropriate function of your browser. If you decide not to accept our cookies or the cookies of our partner companies, you will not be able to see certain information on our Internet pages and will not be able to use some functions that are intended to improve your visit.
11. how do we use log files?
Every time you access our Internet pages, your Internet browser transmits certain usage data to us for technical reasons and stores it in log files. These are the following usage data: Date and time of the visit to our website; name of the website accessed; IP address of your computer or mobile device; address of the website from which you came to our website; amount of data transferred; and name and version of your browser.
The evaluation of the log files helps us to further improve our Internet services and make them more user-friendly, to find and correct errors more quickly and to control server capacities. Using the log files, we can determine, for example, at which time the use of our Internet services is particularly popular and provide the corresponding data volume in order to guarantee you the best possible use.
12 How do we use web analytics tools?
In order to constantly improve and optimize our Internet offering, we use so-called tracking technologies. Web analysis tools provide us with statistics and graphics that give us information about the use of our Internet pages. The data on the use of an Internet page is transferred to the server used for this purpose. Depending on the provider of a web analysis tool, these servers may be located abroad. For the most frequently used web analysis tool, Google Analytics, this data, including shortened IP addresses, is transmitted, which prevents the identification of individual devices. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not merged with other data from Google. Google will only transfer this data to third parties in accordance with legal requirements or as part of order data processing.
You can prevent Google from collecting the data generated by cookies and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de=en). Further information on Google Analytics and data protection can be found at http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html=en or http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html".
13. how do we use social plugins?
Our Internet pages use social plugins, e.g. from Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The plugins are marked with the logo of the provider and can be e.g. Like Buttons or a Google+ Button or Twitter Button.
When you call up our Internet pages that contain such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection with the provider's computers. The content of the plugin is transmitted directly from the offering site to your browser and integrated into the Internet site by it. By integrating the plugins, the provider receives the information that you have accessed our website. If you are logged in with the provider at the same time, the provider can assign the visit to your profile. If you interact with the plugins - e.g. click on the "Like" button or make a comment - the following is displayed the corresponding information is transmitted directly from your browser to the provider and stored there.
If you do not want the provider to collect data about you via our Internet site, you must log off from the provider before visiting our Internet site. Even when logged out, the providers collect anonymous data via the social plugins and set a cookie for you. This data can be assigned to your profile if you log in to the provider at a later point in time.
If a login is offered via a social login service - e.g. Facebook Connect - data is exchanged between the provider and our website. With Facebook Connect, for example, this can be data from your public Facebook profile. By using such login services, you consent to the transfer of data.
The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing of your data by the provider as well as your rights in this regard and setting options to protect your privacy can be found in the data protection information of the providers.
Facebook Ireland Ltd. or Facebook Inc.: http://de-de.facebook.com/policy.phpGoogle Inc.: http://www.google.com/intl/de/privacy/plusone/ Twitter Inc.: http://twitter.com/privacy
If you do not want the providers to collect data about you via these cookies, you can select the "Block third-party cookies" function in your browser settings. In this case, the browser will not send cookies to the server for embedded content from other providers. With this setting, other functions of our website may no longer work.